Friday, December 17, 2010

A little update

Yesterday was crazy.  I wasn't in my room for more than a half hour at any given point yesterday until after 9 pm.  It was pretty exhausting.  An ultrasound to find more fluid, a bone scan, an echo cardiogram, and an MRI.  The worst was the MRI.  I thought I was finally done for the night and was taking a little snooze after dinner.  I was awakened by a strange man standing over my bed asking me if I was ready to go.  I got whisked away to get the MRI, and was in the machine about 10 minutes later.  If you've never had an MRI done before, it sounds like the worst techno music ever.  They give you earplugs and place large foam pads over your ears to dampen sound, but it's still loud as hell.  Not a good way to wake up.  It's done now, and that's good.

I started another urinalysis last night, this time sans acid.  They are just checking to make sure that my kidneys are functioning properly, which they seem to be.  No pain, no blood where it shouldn't be, no frequent urination. I love having a forum where I can talk about gross stuff, but it's ok to talk about gross stuff.

I should be getting my first injection today.  I'm really excited to get things under way and start beating this thing.  I'm also getting more fluid removed from my abdomen.  They expect to get another couple of liters of fluid out.  I'll keep you all updated, but barring anything crazy happening, I should be out tonight or tomorrow.  Hooray for a real bed and real food.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're getting to go home... and that they're going to get this under control and you feeling better!! We miss you and wish we could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh to MRIs! "But I don't want to go in the tube!!!!" was once my mantra. lol
    Way to go to Heather for finding the catfish thing! I like it. :o)

    ReplyDelete