Thursday, December 16, 2010

The whirlwind morning

So, it's only 9 am, and I've already had an ultrasound and been injected with a radioactive dye for the bone scan.  The scan comes at 1 pm today.  I spent about 20 minutes in a room by myself in the basement, waiting for the pharmacy to get the dye to me.  I spent that time meditating, visualizing catfish swimming over my organs, eating the bad cells, and pooping out healing cells.  This was recommended by Heather, who has a book I'm going to read about visualizing the bad cells getting destroyed.  Heather told me about a guy who didn't like the visualization of sharks eating the cells, because he was afraid of sharks and thought it was too violent.  He liked to visualize catfish, because the feed off the bad stuff in the bottom of lakes and rivers.  That seems like a great analogy, so that's what I'm going to use.  It's also really peaceful and calming to visualize the fish, sort of like staring at a fish tank.

Just had my picc line changed.  Apparently they can't stay in for more than 4 days.  Unfortunately, I have wiggly veins, so after being poked about 8 times, she decided to move to another spot.  Human pin-cushion.  Breakfast awaits.  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment