Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Humbled

Hey Gang,

Thanks for your words, and thoughts, and prayers, and encouragement, and tears, and hugs over the last few days.  You have made one of the hardest times in my life substantially easier to deal with.  Sorry that it's taken me this long to get something up, but this weekend was a whirlwind.  Not only did I post the blog, but on Saturday I had to break the news to my family.  It was a rough weekend.

We got back from Alma Sunday night, and I was up at 5 am Monday morning to head to Ann Arbor for some more appointments.  I had my first meeting with PsychOncology, which went ok.  They are going to have me see a therapist and have some medicine for me to try to help with the anxiety and depression.  I then got to get drained, which is awesome as always.  The last few times I've been lucky enough to get drained in the radiology department, rather than the medical procedures unit.  The people in radiology are amazing, and some of them remember me from when I was an inpatient.  In the medical procedures unit, I feel like I'm getting treated by an emergency room doctor who doesn't care who you are.  In fact, one doctor asked my what my interests were, and while I was explaining that I loved to cook, walked out of the room, never to be seen again.  Anyway, long story short, radiology is awesome, and I will continue to get drained there from now on.

On my way home, I found that it was awesome to barrel down the freeway in my junky car while listening to the "Scott Pilgrim vs. The World' soundtrack on as loud as I could stand it.  It was a great sunny day, one that warms up the car without the heater being on.  Other than the cramping that comes with getting drained sometimes, it was a nice drive home, with the combined sound of Beck and my broken muffler drowning out all of the stupid stuff for just a little while.

Oh, I also listened to James Brown, mostly while walking out of the hospital, but it gave me an idea for a blog post, so be ready for that soon.  Thanks again, to all of you.  All of your support makes me feel as strong as Superman.  Much love to all of you.

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing and I love you! I'm so proud of how you are handling all of this.... and you are Superman. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely amazing Ron. Not much else to say!! And just remember, Superman did some super-human feats! Some might even call them miracles :)

    ReplyDelete