Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Some things

I woke up to one of the prettiest sunrises I've ever seen this morning.  Some days, I wonder if I think they are so beautiful just because I get to see another one,  but this one was spectacular.  Pink and purple like the sky was on fire.  It was amazing.  HB and I are going to the hospital today for a long day.  I should get some results from the CT scan that I had on Friday.  I get some blood work, I get my injections, I get drained, and I finally get to meet with the dietitian.

My family is throwing me a benefit chili dinner in May to help with some of the costs of everything.  I really appreciate all of the hard work they are putting into this.  It's also overwhelming to see everyone who has confirmed that they are coming and those wanting to help out.  I thought I couldn't get more humbled, but again, was proven wrong.  Here's a link to the Facebook event, if you'd like to come, or want to share the event with others: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=172215012828718

Maybe that's the lesson in this.  I think that about a lot of stuff.  What am I supposed to learn from this?  I don't think God does things without a purpose.  Maybe the purpose is to teach me to accept help from others, something else that I'm not very good at.  Whatever it is, I sure am learning a lot.  Sorry to get so philosophical in the morning.

I'll update things probably tomorrow, with any news of today's visit.  Thanks again for the outpouring of love and support and hugs and prayers.  I don't think I'll ever be able to express just how grateful I really am.

1 comment:

  1. That's what friends do, Ron :) xoxo Here's to a miracle and a LIFETIME of sunrises!!

    ReplyDelete